Monday, September 21, 2009

41 weeks and still pregnant

Today is the 41st week of my pregnancy and Kyle and I are getting extremely antsy to meet our little Brookelyn. I have tried every natural remedy out there to get labor started and none of it has worked. Today, I drank 3 oz. of castor oil for breakfast and still not much is happening. I have had a few more contractions than normal, but nothing consistent. We shall wait and see. I did read that it could take some time for it to start labor, but maybe Brookelyn just wants to come when she is good and ready.

Kyle's parents have been in town for the past two weeks and are leaving this Thursday to go back to work. We will be extremely disappointed if she doesn't appear before that. I never would have thought that I would be waiting this long to meet my little girl. In the mean time, Kyle's parents have been doing a ton of work outside, creating a nice area for Kyle and I to start landscaping our yard. Because Brooke has decided to take her sweet time to join the family, we have had the opportunity to take the Ferguson's to the beach many times and go snorkeling. We have also been able to enjoy going to the movies and eating out.

Although I would rather have my little girl in my arms, I feel blessed to have the chance to spend more time with my in-laws and my husband. Please come soon Brookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment