Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year Resolutions

This year I am going to be better. I am going to listen more closely, talk less, read my Bible more, clean more, be more organized, exercise, eat better, etc. It is time to stop making excuses and do what God has put me on the earth to do; share HIM! So this blog will still be about Brookelyn and our family, but there will be more sharing about my spiritual walk and where I am coming from and where I am going. I will discuss my struggles and my triumphs and I hope that you will be encouraged by it.

God has lead me, well, more like pushed me to write down my thoughts about what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me. I have actually felt this need since High school; to minister to others in a more is less kind of way. I can be very verbal, but I don’t like to talk to big groups and some of you I may never get the chance to talk to again. Even more than that, and something I feel you can relate to, is that thoughts and feelings are sometimes easier to communicate on writing; you can re-read, edit, filter, etc. through writing and I always come from a conversation analyzing my words and regretting forgetting something I wish I would have said, but just didn’t remember in the midst of listening and speaking.

I am so excited for this year, everything God is going to teach me through his word, through my life, and through the people I surround in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment