Chicken with artichokes and wine sauce Serves 4-6 depending on how much people will eat
- 5 thighs and 5 drumstick with skin on
- a bit of butter and olive oil- I like the combination of the two for this
- salt and pepper
- 14 oz of jars/cans of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- a dollop of sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Pat your chicken pieces dry with a paper towel, then generously salt and pepper them. Heat a bit of butter and olive oil in a large frying pan. Put the chicken in skin side down and cook on high several minutes, until nicely browned. Flip and cook until the other side is brown, a few more minutes. Then, transfer the chicken legs to an oven pan that fits all of them. The original says to leave space, but I was feeding more and squeezed them all in.
- Turn the heat on the frying pan down to medium and stir in the garlic. Cook one minute, then add the wine, stock, lemon zest, and juice and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Let this bubble for about 2-3 minutes. Then add a dollop of sour cream. If you don't have any omit it, but it really added to the yummy factor.
- In the meantime, scatter the artichoke pieces over the chicken. Then, pour the sauce from the pan all over the chicken pieces. Then combine the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle all over the top of the chicken and the sauce. Put it into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm from the oven accompanied by a salad and some veggies, and some rice or bread if you wish.