Monday, May 23, 2011

Disneyland


Brooke and Grammie


Give Grammie a kiss!

Ok, BIG KISS!

Look at all that lipstick!

My cutie pie!


I think her favorite ride was the train that goes around Disneyland


We have been to Disneyland more than a dozen times, but have only taken overnight trips a few times. This time we did Disneyland on Friday and Sunday and Brooke hung out at the hotel on Saturday while my mom and I got pedicures and went to lunch. Our passes are blocked out on Saturday's during the summer, but I think the break in between was nice for all of us!


Brooke didn't take a nap all day and stayed up until 10pm without whining or throwing a fit once. On Sunday, she took a thirty minute nap and other than a few times in the car on the way home she didn't cry once. Did I also mention that she is an angel? Now I am not saying she doesn't have her days, but for the most part she loves life and is pretty obedient, especially at Disneyland. It's like she knows it is the happiest place on earth.

Oh it gets better... she slept awful on Saturday night!!! She was up every 30 minutes from 3:30am until 5:30am. Kyle finally had her sleep on his chest and she slept until 8:30am. We don't know what was bothering her, but man we didn't get any sleep!! I don't know how we did it or more importantly how she did it without fussing! She seriously amazes me!


We ended up getting her a "baby leash" so that we could make sure she wouldn't bolt or get stolen. We really didn't want the leash to replace obedience so she had to stay near us and not walk as far as the leash would let her. I think it was more for peace of mind then anything.




She went on the Carousel, Pinnochio, Casey Jr. Train Ride, Storybook Land, It's a Small World, Jungle Cruise, Buzzlight Year, and Midway Mania. We also went to the Aladdin Musical, which was 45 minutes and Brooke sat through the whole thing perfectly. We went to Disney Junior on Stage. There was so much we would have liked to do, but it was busy. Kyle and my mom did Tower of Terror and I did Pirates of the Caribbean with my parents.



We saved money by bringing bread, lunch meat, jam, and peanut butter to make our sandwiches at the hotel. We also brought lots of yummy snacks and water. I love that Disneyland allows you to bring outside food and water.


Brooke loved hanging out with Grammie and Grandpa and she looked for them as soon as we left. We can't wait for our next trip to Disneyland and our time with Grammie and Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment