Monday, May 10, 2010

Life with sleep...I think!

She stayed in the nursery all during church. When I went to pick her up, they told me she was the most social child in that age group. Afterward, she was so exhausted from all the playing she started to fall asleep on the walk back to the car.

Brooke has been sleeping through the night for the past week now and it has been amazing... I think. She now wakes up at 6am every morning and even with the uninterrupted sleep I wake up exhausted. We have tried putting her down later, but it doesn't matter. Our little bundle of happiness is ready to greet the day with the rising of the sun. I think over time I will get use to the early wake up and I should now take advantage of the 11 hours that she sleeps and go to bed earlier, but if any of you have suggestions on how to get her to sleep in a little longer, that would be great!

She borrowed this bow from Peyton Miller. It is the biggest bow she has ever worn. I think it is as big as her head!

Going down for naps is also easy!!! She doesn't cry and if she wakes up early from her nap, I let her fuss for about 5 minutes and then she is back to sleep for another hour. I am thrilled that her sleeping has officially become easy and I no longer have to stress about the amount of time it is going to take me to get little Brookelyn asleep.

Grandpa, Grandma, and Brookelyn

She is now walking around the coffee table and sometimes it seems she is waving and other times I think she is just moving her hands. She talks all the time and I believe that her first word is just around the corner. She is also standing on her own for about 10 seconds and is able to pick stuff off the ground while she is standing. She still doesn't have any teeth, but is doing a great job using her gums to smash smaller objects.


For mother's day, my mom came down to San Diego and I hired a photographer to take pictures of the three generations for her mother's day gift. Brooke was very happy for about 20 minutes and then after that, she was done. I don't know why she didn't want to take anymore pictures, maybe it was because we were outside and it was hot, but she usually hams it up for picture time. Even so, I know we were able to get some great pictures and I can't wait to see them and share them with you.


I hope all my mother friends had a fabulous day full of relaxation and special treats!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful baby! Her blue eyes are amazing. I don't know if this is a wise tale, but the longer it takes the babies to get their teeth the better and healthier their teeth are. I love keep up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete