Sunday, October 23, 2011

Are you trying to earn God's love?

On our way to the pumpkin patch today, Kyle and I listen to a podcast by Francis Chan about how we try to earn God's love. As I reflected on his sermon and this past month, I realized the importance of this message in my life currently.This month I have been easily overwhelmed, anxious, emotional, and unable to sleep. Some point this week I decided to make a conscious effort to relax and truly cast my burdens to God. Ever since, I have felt content and relaxed. I wonder how long he as been waiting for me to do this.

Back on the sermon: Francis discussed resting in God's care and how we need to understand God genuine love for us. He pointed to Psalms 23 during his sermon and I have decided to make it my verse for the rest of the month.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.

4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


This is a very well known verse, but for good reason. How comforting is the Word of God! Thank you Jesus for restoring my soul and giving me the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment